Friday, May 12, 2006

Holy crap - how did that happen???????

I appear to have accidentally landed myself an interview with this agency I've been looking at!

I started filling out their on-line form but thought that you had to complete the thing before they would look at it. Simple enough, the first thing you do after registering is to pick a day you can be available for interview - so I picked Monday 15th as it was the latest day they had. Then I got distracted by work and so saved and logged off.

When I got back from J's the next day, there was a message on the ansaphone - they wanted me in at 1.30 on Monday!!! Arrrgh!

So Monday it is. C will be spending the day here as that's the day that the main line from the house is being changed - fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.

Oh and S and I met this week about my manuscript that she's looking over for me. I have to say I was pretty nervous 'cos I'd taken the story in a totally different direction but she loved it! She wants me to do a consultation at the conference in June - if there's space. So I've spent the last couple of days going over my 20 pages of double spaced text and over and over. Problem is we never really did punctuation at school - the emphasis was more on Lit than Lang and when we wrote creative pieces as long as it started with a capital letter and finished with a full stop and you put the dialogue in quotes, you wouldn't lose marks for crappy punctuation. I had semi-colons and commas chasing me around in my dreams last night - that's how seriously I'm taking this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home