Thursday, February 09, 2006

Downhill Skiing with C!!

Ok first I'd like everyone reading this to sit down.

Sitting yet?

OK good,

C has taken up skiing - downhill skiing. Scary huh? Even scarier he's actually good at it. I went up last Sunday to have a lesson of my own and I did alright, could happily have stayed on easy street all day, didn't quite master the chairlift. Moonbeam was a little too steep for me and my body kept refusing to commit to the turns, which meant I kept falling over and over and over. Also I couldn't get up! because your ankle is locked into position the normal boost you get from lifting your heel is cancelled out!

Needless to say on Monday I ached from head to toe and my neck is only just getting the kinks out of it now.

Tomorrow C is coming up to the Nordic Centre with me and H and having a x-country ski lesson. I think he will find it radically different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home