Saturday, April 26, 2003

I didn't blog for the last 2 days. I had my reasons and I don't want this to become a chore.

Thursday

Morning, I stood in line at the SSO and got my application in for a SSN. Didn't like the atmosphere in there - felt very controlled plus anyone who know's me will tell you I have a healthy disrespect for any kind of authority.

In the Afternoon we went for a hike my friend H and me strolling around up in the mountains. We went above the snowline just to prove to ourselves that there is still snow to be melted. A signpost we would normally look up at was just level with our feet so still a good amount of snow to go! Thursday night we watched a DVD hubbie got sight-unseen called Avalon. A bit Matrix-esque and faintly unsettling to me anyway. Also I swear that the costume the main character wears is the inspiration behind the getup for the female assasin in Attack of the Clowns.

Friday Today was weird, just basically because C is going away on business and I always feel slightly disconnected for a couple of days but then I get my act together.

Most of the afternoon was spent checking data and getting it onto a disc for Monday. We did go out on the bike one last time - it was pretty windy (side-wind very dodgy).

And now it's today and this morning we bought a bed. Personally I think we rushed it but we have visitors arriving soon and nothing for them to sleep on - so I suppose.....Plus they were having a sale (ooooh! like they don't have those every two weeks or so over here) so we got about $300 off the price. From there we went straight to the airport and I waved C off. I know he's as far as Cincinnatti cos he called me (lucky bugger - he gets upgraded from business to first as they've got no business class seats left. The last time I tried that gig I ended up in Economy!!) I've spent the rest of the day making bread and tidying up as H is coming over tonight (both work widows) and bringing Moulin Rouge with her - so I will finally get to see it. Not C's kind of film!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home