Monday, May 17, 2004

Life may be cheap but trainers aren't!

Saturday - my old trainers - not to put to fine a point upon it - stink. They are only a year old and probably the most comfortable pair I've had in a long while but they are just nasty now. So on the way back from our shopping I dropped into World O' Shoes (it isn't called that but I can never remember the name).

My plan was to nip in buy the trainers and nip out again - no sweat - 5 maybe 10 minutes at most. How wrong I was!!!

A quick glance up and down the shelves revealed that no pair were less that $59.99, which is a ridiculous price for what are essentially a glorified pair of plimsoles. On to plan B, I used to have a pair of converse baseball boots which were comfy and oh-so-cheap. Obviously I was buying knockoffs in UK the real thing are - well you don't want to know how much they cost. Plan C the bargain area, at the back of the store. Now here I found the multi-coloured stuff but being difficult I wanted plain white. Finally, a pair of Keds, white and only 29.99. Yay!

World O' Shoes is exactly like any other shoeshop anywhere in the developed world. You go to pay and they try and sell you a whole bunch of crappy cleaning products and leather protectors.

The evening was fun as we went to see some friends of ours who live up the valley. We always have a good laugh when we go over to them and before our usual spirited political debate we watched Master and Commander on DVD and it was a lot better than I expected so much as I wanted to doze off on their very comfy sofa I watched the whole thing.

Sunday
Quiet, we went out to dinner at Charlie Chow's which C has been talking about taking me to since we moved over here. Very good food! After that we went over to H's concert, the second and as it turned out, last of the 04 season. It was OK, I could've done without the organist and the plaque ceremony.

Today
I've just been getting the house ready for C's parents who arrived in San Francisco last night. They will be here in a weeks time so I have to get my skates on.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home