Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Back from the UK - winter is here with a vengence!!

Two new occupations which we never had to do in the apartment. Shovelling snow - I'll get to that in a mo. The first is the less common job of sweeping the satellite dish. Thinking ahead we put a cover on it so you only have to balance the broom on the palm of your hand and sweep down - I dread to think what it would be like to have to climb up and clean the thing every time it fills with snow.

Now let's move on to the highly entertaining sport of snow shovelling. Himself bought a big snow shovel and he cleared all the paths and the public path as well, as we are responsible for keeping it clear. What he didn't do and boy was I cursing him for it this morning was to clear the driveway, instead he's just been reversing over a steadily growing packed down sheet of ICE!!!!!!!! The grown up snow shovel was too big for me to handle so I went out and bought a me-sized one. It took 2 hours to clear the whole thing and boy does my back ache but it was worth it.

Of course there is now the distinct possibility that the snow will fall off the roof onto my cleared patch but I'll risk that.

UK was fun but I realised something this time, I don't go back for the place, I go for the people. Managed to see everyone it was possible to see, there was no way I could get over to Holland - sorry M! Got to see A and D's new house which is just round the corner from M's parents.

I've got loads to catch up on so will sign off for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home