Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Nurse Paula

What is it about guys and being ill? They go all floppy and useless. It's like living with Hugh Grant!!

Girls, we're tough and we can figure out ways to not get sick. Today I have spent most of my time as a combination of waitress and nursemaid. C's cough was almost gone - last week - but over the weekend he just got worse and worse and yesterday he came home feeing lousy after falling asleep at his keyboard. So this morning I went and talked to a pharmacist who gave me some very good advice and a scrip that didn't cost a fortune. I got back with a small forrest's worth of tissues, plenty of chicken soup and some tabs that will work but won't make him drowsy. Now comes the waitress part - he has to drink plenty of water. So every 30 minutes or so I go and top up his glass. Me, I'm so stuffed with vitamin C that even having L's little girl sneeze on me (gross!!) in the shop on Sunday had no effect.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It turned out I had pneumonia though....

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home