Thursday, May 20, 2004

D Day approaches. Today I have to do my pet hate - housework! C's parents are headed this way very shortly and we might have a guest tonight - well at least a visitor.

Just been out to the local Dutch store to buy decent coffee - not the usual brown muck from S****B**** - I had an espresso from there the other day and it had no effect whatsoever, a bland espresso? c'mon people!

Oh and by the way I hate G4 and comcast and may your company rot in hell! phew glad I've got that off my chest. The reason I'm venting is that TechTV - one of our most watched channels has been taken over by comcast's pathetic G4 gaming channel. Now we had the misfortune to watch G4 when we had cable - the whole channel is full of pre-pubescent presenters with zero personality - I think the fact they are hot looking is supposed to take your mind off the lack of well - anything else.

Haven't they ever heard of the phrase if it ain't broke don't fix it? Tech TV is a great station with lots of varied and fascinating programmes about technology. Their presenters educate you without making you feel like an idiot (I've learned lots of tweaks for my PC) they also have fun and make you laugh out loud sometimes. First G4 got rid of Leo, and now they've sacked the rest of the Screensavers staff and told them to reapply for their jobs in LA. Tech is based in San Francisco. Bye bye TechTV it was nice to know you. Maybe the staff could get Paul Allen to start another TV station but I'm not holding my breath:-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home