Monday, July 12, 2004

I've Arrived!

I've arrived! - this is not necessarily a good thing but we'll talk about that in a mo.

C and I have been here over 3 years now and C is doing very nicely thankyou in the credit rating department ie he has one! I, on the other hand was still a credit ghost, no work permit, credit card or even (to start with) a social security number.

I wasn't too fussed about the whole situation until it impacted our car insurance because as a named driver I didn't have any credit and that makes me a bad bad person! so we decided to do something about it and end my badness.

Now those of you who knew me in my spend, spend, spend phase will be wondering what the hell I'm thinking. Yes I know Barclaycard (the devil incarnate) sent me my first credit card 2 days before I was due to go to the UK tax haven of Jersey and armed with it I bought up the town (literally!) then spent the next 5 or so years paying it back. Mum you know how that went but you also know that I'm cured now - I know the money won't just magically appear. I have had a credit card since December of '03 and to date, even though I've used it each month I don't owe my bank a cent of interest - not one iota! Obviously this has boosted my credit rating and as of Saturday I've had 3 credit card approvals, 2 offers to refinance my home and one offer to become a small business owner.....ho hum as hubby would say.

Guess the shredder is going to be getting more of a workout than ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home