Tuesday, July 13, 2004

New Look

As you may have noticed the blog template has changed. Mainly because the old format wouldn't allow the archives to work - no matter what I did! So last night I came clean to C and of course he fixed it in 30 seconds flat by changing the template. grrrr!

Now I only blog things that interest or perplex me and in this case I'm perplexed. What is it with drugs over here - no not class A - I mean pharmaceuticals. This whole "take a pill to cure what's making you ill" doesn't make sense. In UK if I had a headache I worked through it, there was no reaching for the nearest aspirin bottle. Over here if you get the slightest little twinge, god forbid you should grin and bear it, oh no. Run to the pharmacy counter get your 500 acetomenophen (thats american for paracetamol) and chuck them down like smarties.

Now we have a new type of drug non-prescription tablets so far there are tabs for failing eyesight, daily stress (I kid you not), forgetfulness, oh yeah and the latest which helps you "lose weight". All I can say to that is bollocks!

Oh yeah and the small print that flashes up says these tablets haven't been approved by the FDA and don't claim to cure (insert problem here)

Drugs are used like crutches they mask the problem but the underlying symptons remain. I can give you a for-instance. Once a year I see my doctor for approx an hour he gives me an MOT (ugh!) and then informs me I'm disgustingly healthy and he'll see me in a years time. So I've been to my doc 3 times in as many years. First time I did have a teeny problem, food over here upsets my stomach and it was getting to the point where we couldn't go out to dinner so I asked for advice. He thought I might have IBS (I knew I didn't symptons were wrong) but his only advice was to take Immodium half an hour before going out. This seemed pretty cracked to me and I went onto the internet and did some intensive research found a solution that works and we can eat out to our hearts content. So back to prescription/non-prescrip drugs WHY? answers on a postcard please.............................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home