Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Snow

The snow forecast for Mon/Tues arrived today - the clouds have swallowed up the mountains. At the moment you wouldn't know we had mountains!

I've taken a piccie from the back door it should appear after this post (actually it's below even though I published this first!!?).

Am a little tired this morning as we had to try and keep Dory in last night - it wasn't easy. C was asleep until about 4 this morning with her on his feet. When she started to move around and try and burrow into the bed and walked up and down my back (that explains the japanese massage dream I was having) both of us were awake. In the end we set the cat-door to out only and but she couldn't go out 'cos the ginger peril from next door was sticking his ugly mug up against the door.

Have learned a new technique with him - it's called scruffing - what you do is grab the offending cat by the loose skin at the back of the neck - this is what a mother cat does to her kittens to calm them. Then you gently push them down, hissing at the same time to reinforce bad behaviour and it must be done right after they've done the bad thing or they'll get confused as to what they've done wrong. To say I was a bit sceptical would be putting it mildly but, you know what? He came in yesterday and I scruffed him, he went very submissive and posted himself back through the cat-door so I guess it works!?

Had coffee with J this morning at our favourite coffee place we spent an hour chatting about what we got up to over the Christmas holiday. I've decided I'm taking the day off today - no UNPS work at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home