Thursday, July 15, 2004

Botany can be hazardous to your health!

So yesterday I went on a seed collecting trip with 4 other people - some I knew some I didn't. I can't tell you the location in case some idiot reads this and decides to go and dig the darn things up. Let's just say that the surface was a little unstable. Unstable! who am I trying to kid - you had to walk on the sides of your boots in order to get any grip and of course the plants we were collecting from were quite high up.

"Oh don't worry, there's a rope system" that's actually A rope - singular which goes up and down and not very far to the side so if you're at 10 ft intervals up the slope and the slope is 10ft up to start with, and you're traversing it (without a net) that's a fall of 20, 30, 40 all the way up to 50ft, oh and did I mention that it was nearly 100 degrees out there yesterday and by mid afternoon the thunderclouds were building nicely.

It wasn't all bad though, we did get seeds from over 50 plants and there were tons more that weren't ready so we'll be going back. And I volunteered for this, sometimes I think I need my head examining!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home