Wednesday, July 28, 2004

A Magic Roundabout Moment....

I was in the London Market this afternoon - supplies of marmite are critical so I had to stock up (amazing what you miss about home - I used to be able to take or leave the stuff but now......)

So there I am deciding whether to go for the small or the large ($6 or $10!!!!) when the shop CD starts playing "The Magic Roundabout" theme.

Non brits won't know what the hell I am talking about but it was a kids TV show adapted from a french show and narrated by Emma Thompson's dad. I also found out later on that the original creator had been smoking something illegal when he designed the characters. I mean - a talking dog - a talking cow???? - a talking snail and a ball on a spring called Zebedee although he would probably be Zeebedee over here.

Anyway the music put a very silly grin on my face and the manageress and I had a laugh about the stuff we used to watch as kids!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home