Monday, January 24, 2005

Speed Skating

We went to the International Speed Skating Championships at the Olympic Oval in Kearns this weekend - well Sunday actually. Got loads of good piccies and I will post a couple after this entry. H & T came too and we cheered on those skaters who weren't American. They give you these little noise-makers that you blow up and bang together. Well I guess I was squeezing mine too hard - I managed to deflate 3!!

The US won the womens but the mens was a 1 - 3 shutout for the Dutch with a Canadian in 2nd place, and he did not look at all happy on the podium.

Of course the Dutch supporters were there in full force complete with a brass band and I have the feeling that the party was only getting started at the stadium - and would be going on somewhere else later.

C wore his orange shirt but had forgotten the words to the Dutch national anthem, tut, tut!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home