Saturday, October 13, 2007

Out with the Old and in the with the New

By Monday night I'll be the proud owner of a brand new car (my second new car ever!). As you lot know we've been getting ready to sell "scooby" so that when the Smart comes out we can get one of those. But and it's a big one the Smart dealership will be out by Point of the Mountain. My wishlist was Mini Cooper - too expensive. Toyota Yaris - Toyota said they wouldn't import them to the US and then the Smart.

On Tuesday we went down to Mark Miller Toyota and test drove a Yaris, we spiffed up the Subaru I vacc'ed it to within an inch of it's life and polished every available surface and Thursday night we tried to part-ex it for a new Yaris. They massively low-balled us on the price (bloody car dealers) so we said we'd sell it privately and this morning while I was having breakfast with D over at Blue Plate my little scooby sold for the price we wanted so C went down to the dealership this afternoon and after quite a bit of haggling they've agreed a price and although I have to walk to work the next couple of days it's so worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home