Thursday, July 31, 2003

Here's a first - 2 posts in one week!

The tree is down - they came yesterday morning and it only took an hour to reduce a very tall tree to a bunch of logs. I feel pretty sad about it but it had to be done - the first really strong wind would've blown it down and it would probably have landed in the side or back neighbours' garden or worse than that gone straight through the roof of our garage, possibly flattening the car and the bike. I'm been on the net doing some research about replacements and so far the Forrest Pansy Red Bud looks like a winner - good in alkaline soil and even produces its own nitrogen another thing sadly lacking in Utah soil.

My and my big mouth, the heat has returned we are at 98-99 and the moment and it's not mid-afternoon yet.

Had coffee with a friend yesterday and she's possibly found me another job - more on that later. Plus the RBG connection has resurfaced and I'm going on a field trip on Monday. For now I'm staying down here - in the oh-so-cool basement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home