Monday, August 18, 2003

I'm having the most frustrating time - a book which I have just finished moved me so much that I tried to look up it's subject on the internet and for once I got a big fat nothing!

The book is called The Field of The Star written by N Luard and it's about a journey he undertakes to come to terms with his daughter wasting away from HIV/aids. I don't cry at soppy movies but I cried when I read the account of her death, very moving and she seems to have been a wonderful role model for strong independent women but there's no sign of her in cyberspace.

Anyhoo, the weekend, well we went to see SWAT which was surprisingly good, planted some more sunflower seeds cos the birds ate the last lot. Sunday afternoon was great, we got the hammock out and took it in turns to laze around in it while the other did garden stuff.

Naughty me I introduced C to the Virgin Mega Store in The Gateway downtown, they have a really clever idea in there, most of the music is stored as MP3 and you can take a CD to a listening post, scan it and listen to the tracks before you buy it. Now all they need to do is let you select your 14 or so tracks and burn it onto a CD for you. That would really piss off the RIAA who C thinks are devil spawn and I agree with him. What the kids are doing now is no different to taping the top forty on Sunday and giving it out in the playground on Monday morning.

I came away with a Robbie Williams CD that I used to have on tape (it got lost in the move - the first one) and listening to it now I know one of the things that really annoys me about US radio stations - all they play is this soft guitar stuff - very samey and you can usually set your watch by the times they play certain tracks. Give me the Euro stuff any day. I've decided that clearchannel radio should be re-christened radio bland - cos that's what it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home