Friday, May 09, 2003

Morning peasants. Thurdsday is a blur - for someone who doesn't work (not by choice - economy in toilet - your country -remember that) I did a full day yesterday. It started with the gutter guys - C arranged they will be coming on the 20th there was a groan from yours truly as I was having my hair done that day but not any more.

Watering those seedlings took over half an hour -there are a lot of them! (and they are all growing - yay!) Nipped out to the shops but was back in time for 11 when the window guy was supposed to be coming. Also realised a little late that he would need to get at the window so -you've guessed it - more bedroom furniture shifting - he was late almost an hour late. My plan had been to go up to H's in the morning and then on to my student (best laid plans - gone to hell) He left at 1 and I phoned A my student and told her I'd be right there. My tardiness made me go up 13th East the other way which I've never done before and it didn't feel too bad plus I didn't accidently get funnelled onto the freeway, that would have been BAD. Spent nearly 2 hours with her - she's upset because her sister is getting married and they can't afford to go back to Bangladesh for the wedding.

Drove up to H's got there about 3.30 and spent a good hour and a half bailing their swimming pool cover, (at least the ducks haven't come back) I used the water to water the plants at the front. Locked up and headed back - meant to do some research but fell asleep on the sofa until 5.15 when I had to go and fetch C from work.

Today has been a little better we had a big branch down in the garden due to the high winds last night so I broke that into pieces (it was rotten and pretty easy to snap) Have finally got my research done as we have another field trip next week and I need to know what plants I am supposed to be looking for. Also have ICQ on as I haven't spoken to best friend for ages but she's not on-line so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home