Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Well that was a nice "relaxing" couple of days. I'm kidding of course. Among the lowlights was the hunt for a new pair of jeans.

About 2 weeks ago, hubby pointed out that my rear seam was going (not bad I've had these jeans about 3 years) it wasn't an arrestable offence yet. I was ticked because these particular jeans are from M&S in England and fit like a glove. "Don't worry" says C, "I'll have a look while I'm in England." He couldn't understand why I fell off the sofa I was laughing so much. Thing is that M&S don't keep the same style for more than 2 years before retiring it. He hadn't got a hope in hell of buying any more but I didn't want to burst his bubble.

Of course he couldn't find any, though brownie points to him for looking. So among our errands was buy Paula a new pair of jeans and we arrived at my favourite shop Express to find to my disgust that they only stocked jeans for stick insects, now I'm not fat. I'm a very trim size 9/10 but they only had 1/2 - for pete's sake - the average american woman doesn't take a size 1/2 she's far more likely to take an normal size like 11/12.

We ended up at JC Penny and they do Levi 515 in size 10 which are so good I bought an extra pair.

I couldn't face a computer yestersday evening as I spent the whole day on one (8 hours with an hour for lunch) I did get the whole database thing licked though but my eyes didn't thank me for abusing them.

We had the plumber in this morning before C went to work. He changed a couple of valves I think. Had a long chat with my Mum this morning about not much, we just chatted. Patch my cat was sitting on Mum's lap purring loudly down the phone. This afternoon has been a mixture of housework (yuck!) and the War on Dandelions where I used a weapon of mass destruction (weedkiller). Wonder if I should go and do next door without asking - nah they might think I was the US President!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home