Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Plenty of exercise this morning. I did my pilates routine and then walked down town. It only takes 20 minutes to get there and I needed the fresh air. It was spotting on the way down and by the time I got to the bank it was pouring but I had my trusty brolley so no probs.

The bank was a new experience - normally I only use an ATM cos I'm taking money out but I got another cheque from RBG (supplies which I bought for a meeting nearly 2 months ago!) In UK all you have to do is pass over the cheque and your card and the computer fills out the form - all you do is sign it. Not here! It still amazes me that a country supposedly so technologically superior can be so backward in some parts.

Posted C's parcel and headed to the bus-stop (yes I know I walked down but it's usually on the way back that I get ambushed by missionaries.) Bus was late and then two came at once - first one had a couple of people in wheelchairs and the ramps take ages to come down so me, the hawiian guy and the swedish girl went back into the shelter till they were done. The driver was so flustered he forgot to ask us for the fare and we forgot to pay him (so that's even)

I've got a little job to do for H while she's away - water her seedlings. They seem to be doing OK and wonder of wonders my Venus Fly Trap appears to be growing (it's green stuff on the top of the pot - could be mould for all I know) The deal is that I take care of the plants and she brings me back a bar of Galaxy chocolate. It was an offer I couldn't refuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home